Assistant Cost Accountant
Delta Community Supports, Inc. (“Delta”) is searching for an Assistant Cost Account with solid organizational, communication, problem-solving and research abilities. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for budgeting, cost reporting, and financial analysis. In addition, this position will assist in the distribution of multiple reports, and support numerous functions and staff in the accounting department.
Delta is a non-profit corporation, operating in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Since 1977, Delta has been empowering individuals to live fulfilling lives through a wide-range of community-based services. From our foster care and adoption services to support services for adults with developmental disabilities, we help people grow and thrive through all stages of life.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of individuals and families through outstanding community-based supports and mutually rewarding relationships. The people we support and their families are our most valued customers. We start by making it all about them. Nothing makes us happier and prouder to say that on an annual basis over 2000 people are assisted by the services Delta provides.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for budgeting, cost reporting, and financial analysis. In addition, this position will assist in the distribution of multiple reports, and support numerous functions and staff in the accounting department.
- Create and maintain multiple budgets, including annual, new programs, and revisions as needed.
- Produce and submit cost reports and other required filings.
- Perform analysis, including monthly budget/actual variance and report to management.
- Prepare and distribute routine reports.
- Compile and submit financial data for grants.
- Act as the primary liaison with Enterprise on all fleet management issues.
- Maintain records and coordinate management of fleet with the facilities and other departments.
- Maintain records and coordinate property leases with facilities and other departments.
- Promote and demonstrate ethical and professional conduct at all times ensuring employees conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner.
- Promote continuous quality improvement projects and ongoing performance measures.
- Monitor the development and implementation of high quality individual support plans.
- Promote and address Delta’s Risk Management Program for the health and safety of individuals and employees.
- Provide support to other accounting staff and on various projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated excellent math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel and accounting software
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and finance regulations
- Ability to use excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to use telephone, voice mail, copier, facsimile machine, computer and calculator
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities to effectively coordinate and organize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ability work effectively with people
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and possesses the ability to work in other similar software programs.
- Associates in business or accounting, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant finance/accounting operations.
- Bachelors in business or accounting preferred
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to: https://deltaweb.org/careers/
Delta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.