Engineering Project Coordinator
Are you seeking an opportunity to work for a socially-aware organization with a mission to support our community and positively impact the environment? Seize this opportunity to expand your technical experience with on-the-job training and mentorship with our knowledgeable Engineering team.
We offer a great starting wage and benefits package, in a collaborative and stable environment – established and steadily growing for more than 58 years.
We need a team member who is technically-minded and process-oriented. If you are highly organized and are driven to consistently complete projects through collaboration with team members, municipal officials, consultants and contractors, you need to apply!
The Project Coordinator oversees programs related to engineering and asset management, including planning, project management, administration, and engineering-related functions associated with major capital, maintenance, and developer water main extension projects.
- Manages all aspects of the developer water main extension process including collaboration with the IT, Engineering, Operations, and Finance departments, coordination with the Solicitor and Developers, review of NPWA water main design, development of project costs, obtaining Fire Marshall approval, and monitoring project status and construction progress through project completion.
- Manages the Tank Inspection and Maintenance Program, including cellular carrier contracts.
- Responsible for surveying needs, including hiring surveyors and approval of completed work.
- Reviews PennDOT letting schedules, and coordinates NPWA project participation with all Pennsylvania State regulated projects, including preparation of permit applications and acquisition of project related licenses.
- Uses ArcGIS and AutoCAD for engineering-related projects. (On the job training will be provided for the right applicant.)
- Maintains Project Status Sheets, and updates the Engineering and Operations Report with main extension activity for the monthly Board Packet.
- Conducts other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Licensure/Certification
- AS in Engineering or a related discipline, or 2 – 4 years of experience in a technical position required
- BS in Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Specialized Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with project management and coordination
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, ArcGIS Pro, or similar software programs
- Microsoft Windows Exchange Environment and Office Suite
- Knowledge of the basic water utility functions preferred
- Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive starting rate
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and PTO starting the first year of employment
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Short-term, Long-term, Life and AD&D insurance
About North Penn Water Authority
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
North Penn Water Authority is an equal opportunity employer.