National Manufacturing Firm is hiring a Sales Engineer for their office in Buffalo, NY!
- Sells and proposes products, systems, and services requiring technical knowledge of engineering and/or science and cost effectiveness.
- Work with customers and production engineering to design or improve products to best suit customer needs.
- Analyze customer requirements, then develop and document technical specifications and proposals for the application and integration of the optimum products to meet their needs.
- Serve as a technical advisor to the sales team on technical issues or specific applications.
- Proactively partners with outside representatives and other departments to provide customers with competitive and accurate proposals.
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of customer requirements, required product/design approach, competition, and pricing.
- Manage and grow existing customer accounts as well as prospecting for new accounts.
- Prepare quotes to customers. Develop and carry out follow-up procedures to determine job status.
- Interact with customers to provide job timeline and timely, accurate information about products, delivery schedule and delays, services, and pricing.
- Work with sales group to gauge marketability of features and demand for products. Study and report on market changes affecting company products and make product development recommendations.
- Work with engineering and sales group to recognize and diagnose chronic problems and failure mechanisms and provide solutions to improve product quality and performance.
- Collaborates with engineering, production, and quality functions to improve quality levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering