Water Utility Project Engineer
Water Utility Project Engineer
North Penn Water Authority is seeking a detailed individual who efficiently completes specialized, task-oriented work with confidence and competence. The successful applicant will be highly organized and able to successfully collaborate with co-workers, municipal officials, and outside consultants and contractors.
The Project Engineer oversees programs related to engineering and asset management, including planning, project management, administration, and engineering functions related to major capital, maintenance, and developer main extension projects.
- Assists with management of asset maintenance and capital projects. Responsibilities include project planning and scheduling, budget preparation and recommendations, oversight of bidding and hiring consultants, management of surveying responsibilities, and construction management through project completion.
- Manages the developer main extension process including coordination with the Solicitor and Developers, review of NPWA water main design, development of project costs, obtaining Fire Marshall approval, and monitoring of the project status and construction progress.
- Manages the Tank Inspection and Maintenance Program, including cellular carrier contracts.
- Reviews PennDOT letting schedules, and coordinates NPWA project participation with all Pennsylvania State regulated projects.
- Collaborates to develop feasibility studies related to system improvements, such as system expansion, pressure and flow studies, leakage management, and other special improvements.
- Updates the Engineering and Operations Report for all main extension activity for the monthly Board Packet, and the Distribution System Optimization Program annual report for AWWA.
- Provides engineering support in the development and completion of 5-year updates to the NPWA Water Master Plan, utilized to develop the annual Infrastructure Capital Investment Plan.
- Conducts other tasks as needed.
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related Engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited institution
- 2 – 4 years of related experience preferred
- EIT preferred, or acquired within 1 year of employment
- Project Management certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Basic principles and practices of engineering
- Familiarity with hydraulic modeling and hydraulics engineering
- Microsoft Windows Exchange Environment and Office Suite
- AutoCAD, Hydraulic modeling, and ArcGIS Pro software skills preferred
- Competitive starting rate
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and PTO starting the first year of employment
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Short-term, Long-term, Life and AD&D insurance
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.
North Penn Water Authority is an equal opportunity employer.