Come Live & Grow – Together!
Living Branches is seeking qualified, compassionate individuals to join our team! At Living Branches, our roots run deep – nurtured by core values that put people before profit and a mission to empower older adults and families to lead lives of purpose and joy. If you’re looking for a career in a friendly, welcoming place where you can make a difference, come join our team!
- Paid Personal Leave – up to 3 weeks starting your first year
- Educational Reimbursement and Scholarships
- Certifications in dementia strategies, Montessori programs, and other paid trainings
- Variety of scheduling options- Enjoy being a cook, tired of the late hours?
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits – as low as $8.00 per pay
- Employee holiday and summer parties
- Generous 401(k) match – Up to 7%
- Employee discount for meals
- Free membership to onsite fitness center
- Manageable resident to employee ratio – get to know your residents!
Start Your Journey With Us:
Souderton Mennonite Homes, a Living Branches community, with a 5-star CMS rating, is currently seeking a Cook to join their Dining Services team.
The Chef/Cook is responsible for hot/cold food preparation to support residents and guests. Prepares and cooks food from menus and/or recipes in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and County standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Every other weekend and every other holiday hours required.
- Extensive culinary background/culinary arts degree 5+ years experience in fine dining or 3 years related experience and a culinary arts degree
- Advanced knowledge of quality food production, cooking methods, sanitation including serve safe certificate, knife skills, food receiving/storage/handling Follows food safety and HACCP guidelines at all times
- Knowledge and understanding of basic temperatures and food safety
- Demonstrates the ability to follow recipes Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Proficient with basic tools, measurements, and kitchen equipment Ability to propose menu items
- Customer service focused
- Demonstrated passion for the culinary arts and a desire to learn Knowledge of kitchen lingo and etiquette
- Understanding of recipe conversion
- Knowledge of basic butchering
- Knowledge of food allergies
Living Branches is an equal opportunity employer that employs over 700 team members and has more than 1,350 residents at three locations in Pennsylvania.
Job Type: Full-time