Nurse for Community Living Programs in PA
Delta Community Supports, Inc. (“Delta”) is seeking a reliable team member to serve as the Community Living PA Nurse. The Nurse reports to the Director of Community Living.
Delta is a non-profit corporation, operating in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Since 1977, Delta has been empowering individuals to live fulfilling lives through a wide-range of community-based services. From our foster care and adoption services to support services for adults with developmental disabilities, we help people grow and thrive through all stages of life.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of individuals and families through outstanding community-based supports and mutually rewarding relationships. The people we support and their families are our most valued customers. We start by making it all about them. Nothing makes us happier and prouder to say that on an annual basis over 2000 people are assisted by the services Delta provides.
Responsible for a variety of nursing responsibilities for individuals we support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first aid to individuals in service. Assess need for medical treatment and act as liaison with external agencies.
- Refer individuals in service and staff to treatment by designated physicians and/or hospitals.
- Review and distribute MARS each month.
- Review medical orders and ensure the correct medications and medical equipment are in the home.
- Train staff in healthcare issues such as seizures, hepatitis, scabies, diabetes, dysphagia, recognizing signs of illness and other relevant medical/health concerns.
- Train staff on proper use of medical equipment.
- Develop feeding protocols and medical protocols for individuals based on physician recommendations.
- Communicate with other health care facilities such as hospitals, private physician’s offices, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities to improve the level of health care offered at Delta.
- Observe individuals for behavior change, response to medication, side effects, objective and subjective signs of physical illness and refer for treatment if necessary.
- Communicate with DSP and management staff regarding medical issues of individuals.
- Participate as part of the interdisciplinary team as requested, on health care issues.
- Order lab work/ tests and obtain results. Review results with physician for best medical treatment/follow up.
- Coordinate and oversee psychiatric physician visits monthly at the office.
- Act as a resource to staff in health care issues.
- Write reports as requested.
- Provide insulin injections. Train and support staff following their training.
- Train staff in providing care to individuals recovering from illness or injuries.
- Refer individuals to doctors when needed.
- Take phone orders from physicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ASN required; BSN preferred
- Current license as a registered nurse (RN) issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Delta Community Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to: https://deltaweb.org/careers/