Information Technology – Help Desk Technician Level 1
Delta Community Supports is seeking a capable and skilled technician to serve as an Information Technology – Help Desk Technician Level 1. The identified candidate will be a key member of the IT team. The Help Desk Technician reports to the Director of IT.
Delta Community Supports, Inc. (“Delta”) is a non-profit corporation, operating in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Since 1977, Delta has been empowering individuals to live fulfilling lives through a wide-range of community-based services. From our foster care and adoption services to support services for adults with developmental disabilities, we help people grow and thrive through all stages of life.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of individuals and families through outstanding community- based supports and mutually rewarding relationships. The people we support and their families are our most valued customers. We start by making it all about them. Nothing makes us happier and prouder to say that on an annual basis over 2000 people are assisted by the services Delta provides.
This position is responsible for routine maintenance, set-up, configurations, etc. for hardware and software systems, analyzing and resolving end-user trouble tickets. Assist with IT project work and documentation assigned. Ensure compliance with IT processes, cyber security practices, policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology with assigned projects, asset management, and comprehensive documentation.
- Interface with users, answer questions and resolve technical problems with PCs, Laptops, Servers, Software, Networking/WIFI, and phone systems.
- Perform routine maintenance, setup and configurations for hardware and software systems.
- Analyze and resolve end-user trouble tickets submitted by phone, email, portal or in-person.
- Escalate problems that fall outside of skill level of this position to tier 2 support (Network and Computer systems Administrator or Director of IT).
- Travel to supported sites to help with installations, routine maintenance or problems. Travel between PA and NJ office and facility locations as needed.
- Understand and be able to use desktop and software support skills, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10, Server 2012, 2016, 2019)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Antivirus/Malware software
- Desktop PCs, Laptops, Network Switches, and miscellaneous hardware
- Write technical documentation for IT Staff and end-users.
- Ensure compliance with Delta and IT processes and procedures.
- Preaches and adheres to Delta Community Supports comprehensive cyber security policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Two(2) to Five (5) years in an IT or technology related field; appropriate additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Delta Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to: https://deltaweb.org/careers/