Marketing & Events Coordinator - Part Time
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Montgomery County
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing and directing the programs and events as well as the overall communications initiatives for The Chamber.
Primary duties & Responsibities
· Assist in the planning, development and promotion of chamber programs and events
· Create promotional material for various projects and events
· Chair committee meetings and coordinate volunteers for events as needed
· Maintain the Chamber website including content and calendar of events
● Develop and coordinate publicity and communications for Chamber programs and events.
· Develop creative, professional marketing materials that promote Chamber benefits and services.
· Coordinate the design and content of Chamber publications. (ability to use design software such as Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
· Utilize various social media platforms to promote Chamber events and programs
· Minimum of four years of higher education in a related field, or a combination of education and work experience
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Excellent self-management and organizational skills
· Ability to manage changing routines and skill to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to develop a strong working rapport, establish credibility, and maintain excellent relationships with co-workers, members, executives, volunteers, and committee members
· Ability to respond promptly in stress and pressure situations with poise · Experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations and events preferred
· Minimum of two years’ experience in creative design, publications or similar field preferred
· Proficiency with basic Office programs, email and internet
· Advanced computer proficiency, including ability to learn Chamber-specific software
· Valid driver’s license, use of dependable vehicle and good driving record
· Ability to walk, reach, stoop, bend and lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for special events
Time & Work Environment
-The majority of the work will be performed from The Chamber, although site visits and event related travel will be required. The regular work schedule is 30 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Job Type: Part-time