General Accounting Assistant
Delta Community Supports, Inc. (“Delta”) is seeking a strategic and highly organized team member to serve as the General Accounting Assistant. Reporting initially to the Controller and transitioning to the Manager after initial training, the General Accounting Assistant will support numerous functions and staff in the accounting department with a primary focus on organizing and coordinating the vehicle fleet, property leases, and consumer directories. In addition, this position will assist in the analysis and distribution of multiple reports, and also assist in many data entry functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to other accounting staff and on various projects.
- Act as the primary liaison with Enterprise on all fleet management issues.
- Maintain records and coordinate management of fleet with the facilities and other departments.
- Maintain records and coordinate property leases with facilities and other departments.
- Coordinate SHC documentation, along with rent, board, and other consumer funding.
- Assist with budgeting and cost reporting.
- Perform analysis and produce reports as needed.
- Ensure the full capacity of programmatic resources.
- Promote and demonstrate ethical and professional conduct at all times ensuring employees conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner.
- Promote continuous quality improvement projects and ongoing performance measures.
- Monitor the development and implementation of high quality individual support plans.
- Promote and address Delta’s Risk Management Program for the health and safety of individuals and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and possesses the ability to work in other similar software programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business setting.
- Associates in business or accounting preferred.
- Relevant accounting experience preferred.
Competitive Benefits Include:
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Delta Community Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to: