Delta Community Supports, Inc. (“Delta”) is seeking a strategic and proactive team member to serve as the Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for the administration and operational support for recruitment and onboarding, employee benefits, performance management, employee compliance management, maintaining employee records, unemployment compensation, leave management, workers’ compensation and overall employee relations. The HR Coordinator will provide professional and confidential support to the Human Resources team and advise employees on HR policies and procedures.
This individual will assist with creating a high-performance culture and emphasizes confidentiality, empowerment, quality, productivity and goal attainment. The individual in this position also provides general administrative support for the HR team and high-level administrative support for the Associate Director of Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the development of policies and procedures to ensure continual compliance with laws and regulations as well as the maintenance of best practices. Maintains and updates employee handbook. Assists employees in understanding company policies and procedures.
- Provide internal & external customers with outstanding service, accurate information and timely responses.
- Communicate employee information to management team, Payroll and IT as needed.
- Recommend and implements employee relation practices to promote optimal employee engagement.
- Maintain and updates the HRIS system as well as other employee records in order to meet federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Ensure the accuracy of data maintained in the HRIS and timekeeping system, promptly reports any discrepancies troubleshoots and monitors resolution of issues with the HRIS system.
- Perform self-audits on personnel files, benefit records and compliance and fingerprint logs.
- Meet and maintain confidentiality and HIPAA regulations with regard to Protected Health Information (PHI), ensuring all employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential.
- Proactively communicate expiring compliance documentation to staff; updates HRIS system with new documentation and expiration dates.
- Work with the HR team in all areas of new-hire procedures including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly completed and submitted to appropriate persons, adhering to regulatory timelines for personnel transactions.
- Responsible for overseeing benefits administration and other various benefits related tasks such as employee communication regarding eligibility, responding to general questions, enrollments, changes, terminations, and COBRA.
- Ensure enrollment, changes and terminations are properly recorded in the HRIS as well as vendor portals in a timely manner.
- Ensure required materials are distributed to participants as required by law.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly newsletters and other outreach to ensure employees are aware of their benefits options and how to best utilize benefits.
- Audit monthly enrollment benefit invoices to ensure accuracy; participates in the creation of invoices for self-bill plans
- Manage leave administration to include all federal, state and local statutory leave including FMLA, personal medical leaves and disability insurance.
- Participate in new-hire orientation and ongoing staff training development.
- Support the administration of work-related injuries; collecting required reports and entering claim details in online portal.
- Assist with performance management and employee relations issues by reviewing the circumstances surrounding employee disagreements, conducting investigations regarding employee complaints, concerns or other issues, sitting in on employee/manager meetings, conducting exit interviews, coordinating regular employee communication, and coordinating recognition and reward programs.
- Support the preparation and submission of unemployment documents for claims and attends unemployment hearings as needed.
- Support the HR Recruiter as needed with the hiring process: including recruitment, monitoring applicants, conducting preliminary interviews, verifying work-history and references and tracking of new possible candidates in applicant tracking system and HRIS.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Cooperate with company and regulatory agency personnel during an audit, inspection or investigation.
- Assist HR and management team in data collection/analysis for various projects, generating reports as needed to analyze turnover, injuries, compensation, performance management, and other data to support the strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of employee compliance, recruitment, hiring, and provides appropriate follow-up as required.
- Participates in ongoing Human Resources projects.
- Assume responsibility for remaining up to date on all relevant changes to internal and external policies, laws and regulations and ensure effective communication throughout the organization.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned for providing excellent customer service and the most effective operation of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required. Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience as a Human Resources generalist.
- Experience in HR policies/procedures, recruiting, employee benefits, and labor laws required.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in current state of residence.
- Appropriate additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements and vice versa.
Competitive Benefits Include:
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays. Delta Community Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to: