Delta Family Services is seeking a full-time team-oriented employee to serve as an Intake Coordinator reporting to the Resource Home Supervisor. The Intake Coordinator will promote the continued operation of Delta Family Services’ Division by ensuring that children and youth are placed in the best possible home for their circumstances. This position is responsible for the placement of all children and youth referred by county offices into appropriate and certified Delta resource homes while staying within the requirements as defined by the PA Department of Human Services and the County Children and Youth Agencies services performance standards, as well as agency guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all phone and email referrals from County Children & Youth agencies
- Request all necessary referral information including 85-29’s, medical info, educational and or psychological records and social summaries
- Contact selected resource families with input from supervisors and coordinate appropriate placements
- Arrange pre-placement visits when applicable
- Coordinate placements
- Enter child/youth into Evolv within 24 hours
- Complete Intake Summary
- Forward all relevant reports and assessments to ongoing worker and supervisor within 24 hours of placement - or sooner if clinically indicated
- Ensure that ongoing caseworker is assigned and notified within 24 hours
- Notify the placing agency of the RPSW team assigned to the case
- Maintain a list of approved and certified resource homes
- Maintain communication with home study specialists to keep a current working knowledge base of homes availability and capabilities
- Ensure that resource family members are up to date with paperwork and COA before making placements
- Complete an initial home safety assessment within 72 hours for emergency kinship referrals
- Assist RPSWs with locating available respite providers
- Attend and contribute to monthly Certification Team meetings
- May assist with the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive): attend orientation, develop and provide training, complete recertification for empty homes, assist with transportation needs, update SWAN website, etc.
- Maximize the development and capacity of staff to advance the mission and values of Delta
- Ensure the full capacity of programmatic resources
- Demonstrate ethical and professional conduct at all times
- Promote continuous quality improvement projects and ongoing performance measures
- Promote and address Delta’s Risk Management Program for the health and safety of individuals and employees
- Promote and support best practices that are trauma informed, non-discriminatory and evidenced based
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with knowledge of Foster Care System, CUA, PA DHS and DHS regulations preferred
Competitive Benefits Include
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short-term disability and group life insurance; 401(k) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Delta Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.