Senior Account Manager, Healthcare & Insurance
Join a Growing Team in the Healthcare & Insurance Industry in Chicago! The Senior Account Manager, is responsible for developing all aspects of our clients' value in the Medicare Advantage and long-term care insurance channels. The ideal candidate will cultivate customer relationships to achieve business objectives, take responsibility for customer deliverables, and influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish and execute account management. They will ensure an excellent customer experience by deploying a team-based, process-oriented account management approach supported by strong operations and financial metrics and measurements. Additionally, the candidate will oversee all aspects of the customer relationship while working alongside the client success, sales, product, and operations teams. The Senior Account Manager will also help design, improve the overall customer management process, and facilitate the account management needs.
Critical to the success of this role is the candidate's ability to have a deep understanding of account management function, internal performance management, and client outcomes, customer onboarding and transition to steady-state operations, translate client care and process challenges into innovative offerings that achieve defined business outcome (e.g., process improvement, new services innovation, client analytics, and business insight), and collaboration with the product team to rapidly evolve the platform that provides clients the most efficient system to deliver the highest quality of eldercare to their members.
The powerful combination of the candidate experience with insurance and healthcare stakeholders (e.g., payers and MSOs), patient care management processes, advanced digital platforms, and data insights should deliver significant results measured by increased member acquisition, member engagement on the platform, and revenue growth.
- Managing a $1m+ account portfolio of health plans and insurance clients, which means nurturing the growth, profitability, retention, and satisfaction of each account
- Developing and maintaining deep professional relationships with healthcare and insurance clients
- Driving performance, growth, and expanding the use of products and services, and maximizing retention
- Leading clients through the implementation process by project managing timelines and the delivery of key milestones; coordinating internally to ensure successful launches
- Owning account strategy, planning, and execution by developing strategic account plans that layout metrics, client goals, and the client journey ensuring success
- Delivering quarterly business reviews to client executives that identify key trends and tell a compelling data-driven story
- Aggregating and analyzing data (e.g., in Excel) to glean compelling insights and communicate data stories to diverse audiences
- Maximizing client enrollment and engagement by overseeing client campaigns
- Supporting revenue generation through timely implementations and tracking of KPIs, SOPs, projections, etc.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant master’s degree strongly preferred (MBA)
- 5+ years of professional work experience with a strong expertise in account management, healthcare and/or insurance, and start-up work environments
- Deep knowledge of the Medicare Advantage market and/or long-term care insurance
- Strong analytical thinker with keen problem identification and solving skills
- Creative storyteller using aggregate data to identify trends and deliver key client insights
- Collaborative partner who can prioritize critical tasks and willing to take on multiple projects
- Skilled influencer and negotiator who can build solid internal and external relationships